We’re three years into our annual ranking of Sunday golf bags.
Why do we go through this exercise each year?
The answer to that question is simple. If you play short courses, you need a Sunday golf bag.
What We Love About this Sunday Golf Bag
The Loma Bag Series builds on Sunday Golf’s earlier innovations and offers short course enthusiasts everything they could hope for in one golf bag.
On the functionality front:
- Carrying strap and carrying handle (two hassle-free options for carrying your bag)
- Full-length divider for your clubs (separate your lucky clubs from your unlucky ones)
- Dualflex stand system (easily keep your club grips and bag off the ground)
- An empty weight of just 1.95 lbs (if you can’t lift this thing, please hire a personal trainer)
On the luxury front:
- Frosty pocket (keep your drink cold for an entire round)
- Valuables pocket (velour lined so you don’t scratch your $200 sunglasses)
- Additional storage pockets with waterproof zippers (great for storing your betting money)
- Integrated tee holder (a small detail that matters)
- Velcro glove holder
On the style front:
- Choose from 10 colorways including:
- Cobalt blue
- Heather grey
- Matte black
- Midnight green
- Toasted almond
- Ron Burgandy
- Yourmyboy Blue
- Coral Reef
I personally own one of these bags and I like it so much that I bought a set for my in-laws, who are avid golfers. I knew they needed this bag in their life and they were impressed.
Who Designed these Par 3 Bags?
Sunday Golf’s CEO Ronan Galvin is the mastermind behind these awesome bags and he was kind enough to answer a few questions that I had.
Me: Can you share some of the thought process that went into designing the Loma Series?
Ronan: We love playing a local par 3 out here in San Diego but hated luging around our big heavy bags each time. We wanted a bag where we could hold 5-6 clubs and just enough room for some balls and your essentials. The frosty pocket was a last minute addition but glad we thought about it!
Me: How did you decide on the new colorways? Which one is your personal favorite?
Ronan: It was simple. We polled a lot of our followers on Instagram and asked them what colors they wanted to see. My favorite is the Sandstone but pre-order sales right now show a lot of people like the Ron Burgundy.
Me: There are plenty of sunday bags on the market. What sets your bag apart from the crowd?
Ronan: Although our name is Sunday Golf and the bag is on the smaller end I really do not consider it a true Sunday bag – as a sunday bag can hold 12-14 clubs. Given ours holds 6-7 – I really consider it as a par 3 bag or a bag you take to the range.
Where to Buy
The Loma Series is available for purchase on the Sunday Golf website.
$134.99, but currently on sale for $119.99.
Back in 2022, we had the opportunity to interview Sunday Golf’s CEO. You can listen to that below.
Want to learn more about Sunday and par 3 bags?
Grab a cup of coffee and read our guide on How to Choose the Best Sunday Golf Bag.