Pine Valley Short Course
Pine Valley Golf Club is home to a private par 3 golf course in Pine Valley, New Jersey.
This 10 hole short course was ranked #1 in Golfweek’s Top Short Courses of 2023. Since Pine Valley Golf Club is a highly-exclusive venue, most folks will never have the opportunity to set foot on this gem. However, if you’re one of the lucky few, here’s a bit of history.
The Pine Valley Short Course first opened for play in 1992. Course designers Tom Fazio and Ernie Ransome did something really unique: they created some of the same approach shot situations on the Short Course as one might find on Pine Valley’s legendary 18 hole course. Eight of the holes on the Short Course are based directly on holes from the main course. The other two holes are completely original designs.
Here is a breakdown of the layout:
- Hole 1: 110-136 yards, based on Hole 10 of the main course
- Hole 2: 152-182 yards – based on Hole 14
- Hole 3: 98-203 yards – based on Hole 16 approach
- Hole 4: 140-175 yards – original design
- Hole 5: 149-327 yards – based on Hole 15 approach
- Hole 6: 154-181 yards – based on Hole 3
- Hole 7: 154-220 yards – based on Hole 13 approach
- Hole 8: 137-179 yards – based on Hole 17 approach
- Hole 9: 108-163 yards – original design
- Hole 10: 86-190 yards – based on Hole 2 approach
Golfers can expect plenty of pine trees and plenty of sand.
Pine Valley Golf Club is truly a golfer’s paradise. Those that have been fortunate enough to spend time here often reference the Short Course as their favorite offering on the property.
Other on-site amenities include:
- Main Course
- Practice facilities
Have you played at the Pine Valley Short Course?
If so, please scroll down and share your experience below.
Search for other par 3 golf courses in New Jersey.